Colourpop Lippie Stix Matte X and Matte

petek, avgust 25, 2017


When I was ordering from Colourpop the first time, I only got one Lippie Stix and it became an instant favourite. I literally mean instant because the moment it touched my lips, it became my favourite formula ever. When another free shipping offer came along I was also one of the sheeple who placed an order at Colourpop, but this one I only got Lippie Stixes. I got two in Matte X formula (like Cami) and two in Matte. It just confirmed to me that Matte X is a brilliant formula and I wish they had more shades that would appeal to me, but Matte was a bit of a let-down. I've already reviewed Cami and you can find reviews of liquid lipsticks there too. 


Since Matte X has been reviewed already, I'll be short here - it's incredibly pigmented, you barely touch your lips and you get enough colour. It's super light, like you have nothing on and it has a perfect matte finish, the best out of all regular lipsticks I found. It also lasts well on my lips and isn't drying. Aside from Cami, Matte X finish are also Mirror Mirror and Trust Me…


Matte formula is thicker, waxier and much more like classic lipsticks. It's also not really matte, instead it's more of a satin finish. They aren't nearly as pleasant to apply as Matte X, but these are still nice, they just aren't that special. Staying power differs between the two shades. It's not impressive at Lumiere, though I get an average wear time, but LBB is a stainer and it lasts for days as a stain on the dry parts of the lips no matter how you hard try to remove it.

Cami (Matte X)

The one that made me fall in love with Lippie Stix, Cami is a stunning muted rosy brownish shade that just looks perfect and has a fantastic matte finish.


Lumiére

I had high hopes for Lumiére and also my doubts, but I never expected it to be so boring on me. It's a more mauve, pinker and cooler sister of Cami, which is actually very close to my natural lip colour and it just doesn't look special enough on me. But it is very easy to wear and goes with everything.


Mirror, Mirror

Mirror Mirror is not really what I expected based on swatches, though I've seen it look both cool and warm on swatches. I'm one of those on whom it looks more cool, or cool-neutral and it's a nice medium pink/magenta shade. The formula is the same fantastic one as at Cami, so I just adore applying it. It's Lippie Stix equivalent of Ultra Matte liquid lipstick in Bad Habit.


 Trust me… 

Trust me… is another Matte X shade and it's a Ruby Woo type of bright, warm-neutral red. I wanted something that would be similar to L'Oreal's Blake, but this is brighter and warm. The matte finish is perfect.


LBB

I got this one because I had high hopes it's similar to Mac's Dangerous and Ultra Matte More Better, also I had hopes Matte finish is much like Matte X, but they are actually not that close. LBB is a deep pink purple shade that's closer to true purple. It's similar to Mac's Rebel's if you mixed some More Better in it. Like More Better and also a lot of similar shades from other brands, it stains a lot and it's very difficult to remove it fully.


 Ultra Satin  London Fog

I got this one as a gift with purchase and I can't believe I didn't notice it when I was researching shades for my first order. It's a beautiful pink-red, one of those type of shades I love so much. It's a satin finish, which are more comfortable than Ultra Matte, but since I lips aren't sensitive, I didn't notice the difference. It dries matte, but it didn't feel uncomfortable to me, it does have one fault which is the same as at More Better, meaning it's prone to transferring.


 Comparison swatches

I'm including a few comparisons just like in the last post. The closest thing I have to London Fog is Sephora's Lip Stain 03 Strawberry Kissed, which is a warmer, more coral leaning version of the pink red. I don't have anything truly similar to Lumiere, so I swatched it next to Sephora's 13 Marvelous Mauve which was closest. I tried to get my Mac Ruby Woo sample to cooperate, but it's unfortunately too dry, still it's the closest I have to Trust Me. LBB is as I said in the description above, closest to Mac's Rebel (or WnW Sugar Plum Fairy), but a bit more pink. I have nothing similar to Mirror Mirror.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Bi torej rekla, da je Matte X kaj podobna Avonovim mat? Glede občutka na ustnicah.

    Meni je od vseh najbolj padala v oči Trust Me. Na tebi te rdeče res izgledajo čudovito. Tudi London Fog je moj favorit na tebi. Absolutno tvoj odtenek :) <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Je nekje tam, ja, še lažja. Matte X je super lahka formula in imaš občutek skoraj kot, da nimaš nič na ustnicah. Tudi ko stisneš ustnice skupaj ni tistega silikonskega slippy občutka, je že skoraj bolj kot npr. Nyx tekoča šminka, ki je meni ena izmed najlažjih.

      Hvala <3 Meni so tudi rdeče najlepše, ampak še vedno iščem nekaj podobnega L'Orealovi Blake, ker je nikjer več ne najdem. London Fog me je pa res pozitivno presenetil :)

      Izbriši
  2. ColourPop Lippie Stix are my favourites! I love Pillow Talk from the Matte X range but I also love Bound, Cookie & Oh snap.

    www.EmmyWritesAbout.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. They are so good :) Pillow Talk scares me because I'm so pale, but I loved the look of Oh, Snap and besides Brink and Contempo it was in my basket before I had to throw them out because I needed to stay under 22€ due to customs.

      Izbriši
  3. Mirror, Mirror looks sooo pretty! Every color suits you <3

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Mirror Mirror has such a wonderfully smooth formula and a great finish :) Thank you <3

      Izbriši
  4. I want to try the lippie stix so bad, I wish I hadn't to deal with customs and stuff, that's why I never made an order on Colourpop website.

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It's so annoying, yes! In Slovenia we have a limit of 22 € for purchases outside EU before we need to pay taxes, so I always need to be mindful of that when ordering.

      Izbriši
  5. I love colourpop lippies a lot. The shades and the pigmentation is totally amazing.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. These are some of the best lipsticks I ever tried, though I mean specifically Matte X line :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE